Global service, local experience
Ships are installing exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGCS), or scrubber wastewater systems as an alternative to using low-sulfur fuel to meet global regulations.
SGS offers a number of services to assist shipowners meet EGCS guidelines for coastal Emission Control Areas (ECAs) and the International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) 2020 sulfur cap.
Our sampling and testing services for exhaust gas cleaning systems, includes:
- Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS) audit, validation and calibration
- Data management and data interpretation
- Measuring NOx, SO2, CO, CO2, Oxygen, NH3, dust and flow, according to IMO revised Annex VI, CARB, US EPA and EN Methods
- Onboard testing, monitoring and reporting of particulate loading, particle size distribution, and chemical analysis of particulate at the EGCS gas inlet and outlet
- Onboard EGCS sound level testing, monitoring and reporting
- Onboard analysis of water samples
- Onshore analysis of water and fuel oil samples