Transportation Marine Engine Dynamometer Testing
Marine engine dynamometer testing from SGS – comprehensive engine testing using a wide range of specialised test cells.
We offer engine testing services to help you with engine development, allow you to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements, and support your homologation needs. Our specialised engine dynamometer test cells allow us to accommodate a wide range of test scenarios and simulated environmental conditions and can be used for different engine operating cycles.
Why choose marine engine dynamometer testing from SGS?
Our engine dynamometer test cells can be used for engine calibration and emissions testing. They can be used to test anything from small handheld engines to large heavy duty engines.
We offer test cells that feature combustion air temperature, flexible instrumentation, unparalleled control of ambient conditions, and pressure controls to simulate extreme temperatures. They allow for a wide range of ambient test conditions, including sustainable cold conditions up to -20 C for high-horsepower engines. We will perform an entire test matrix in a single engine test cell.
Our engine dynamometer test cells can be used for:
- Exhaust emissions certification tests to U.S. EPA and California Air Resources Board standards, as well as EC directives
- Procedures conforming to 40 CFR Parts 1065 and ISO 8178 standards
- Engine mapping and emission control system development
- Electronic control system calibration – on site or off site, using your own engineers or using SGS calibration engineers
- Measurement of power, torque, emissions and fuel consumption
- Prototype engine development
- Engine component evaluations
- After treatment component evaluations
- Verification of retrofit systems for state and federal programs
- Competitive benchmarking
- Fuel blend and additive studies
- Durability testing
- Cold testing
Our testing programs can be customised to follow a manufacturer’s standards or regulatory procedures according to US regulations, EC directives or ECE regulations. For homologation, we can use our own ISO 17025 accredited laboratories or we can witness testing in the manufacturer’s labs or external automotive testing facilities that fulfil the requirements of ISO 17025.
Trusted marine engine dynamometer testing from a world leading provider
As a global leader in engine test cell services, we offer unrivalled expertise and experience in testing throughout the transportation industry. Our local experts have decades of experience in delivering comprehensive services to meet your specific needs.
Contact SGS now to find out how out how we can help you with engine development, compliance testing and homologation.