Transportation Vehicle Test Cycles
Vehicle test cycles from SGS – a full range of standard vehicle driving cycles along with fully tailored testing to suit your precise needs.
For the most accurate vehicle testing possible, you need strictly controlled environmental conditions and the ability to precisely control the vehicle, fuel system, and fuel temperatures during the test. That is where we can help. With state-of-the-art, dedicated facilities, we offer the full range of standard vehicle driving cycles. In addition, we can conduct a variety of special customer-specified test procedures or can create one to fit your exact needs. We also conduct research projects, design and develop cutting-edge test and verification methods.
What test cycles are available from SGS?
Our standard vehicle driving cycles include:
- FTP-75 – for Federal Emissions Certification tests
- US06 – a supplemental drive cycle that represents aggressive, high-speed driving with high acceleration rates and rapid speed changes very soon after startup
- SC03 – a supplemental drive cycle that simulates emissions consistent with the use of air conditioning in vehicles
- IM240 – for state and local Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) check programs
- Highway Fuel Economy Test (HWFET) Cycle – to determine the highway fuel economy rating of your vehicles
- Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR) – to verify that the onboard system does not allow excessive hydrocarbon emissions while a vehicle is being refueled
- Sealed Housing for Evaporative Determination (SHED) testing – to analyse vehicle fuel emissions that are not related to exhaust and determining volatile organic compounds (VOC) levels. Two- and three-day diurnal studies are available
- New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) – designed to represent the typical driving behavior of a light duty vehicle in Europe
- HOT 505 – the final segment of the FTP-75 cycle, run as a quick evaluation test during development when certification is not the goal
- Running Loss Test – to measure evaporative emissions from a vehicle as a result of heating of the fuel and fuel system during vehicle operation
Vehicle test cycles from a trusted world leader
As a global leader in vehicle testing, we offer unrivalled expertise and experience providing testing throughout the automotive industry. With over 30 years of experience our local experts deliver comprehensive, tailor-made services that meet your organisation’s specific needs.
To discuss your test cycle requirements, contact us today.