Training Services Site Safety Supervisor Training Course
Site Safety Supervisor training course from SGS – learn how to effectively apply risk management processes, conduct health and safety investigations and communicate information in the mining, construction and civil infrastructure industries.
This training course is designed for those employed in the mining, construction and civil infrastructure industries. It will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to contribute to a safe workplace by applying risk management processes, conducting work related health and safety investigations and communicating effectively.
What will you learn?
On completion of this training course, you will know how to:
- Apply risk management processes
- Conduct safety and health investigations
- Communicate in the workplace
Apply the risk management process
- Plan and prepare for risk management
- Identify and assess unacceptable risk
- Identify and recommend risk controls
- Contribute to the implementation of risk controls
- Review risk management documentation
- Plan and prepare to communicate information
- Communicate information to achieve work activity outcomes
- Develop and perform work activity presentations
- Participate in resolving conflicts
Conduct safety and health investigations
- Determine objectives and develop an investigation plan
- Gather information
- Evaluate information
- Identify courses of action
- Prepare and present investigation reports
You must have language, literacy and numeracy skills at the level required to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documentation relevant to the training.
- Identifying and interpreting information from workplace procedures, policies, documentation and systems
- Documenting procedures, plans and outcomes using appropriate organisational formats and industry specific terminology
- Developing workplace reports, including risk matrices
If you have language, literacy and/or numeracy difficulties or other special needs, please inform our training support staff prior to enrolling to discuss our available support services.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- Contributes to applying risk management processes. This includes employers, line managers, supervisors, safety representatives and employees
- Carries out or assists in carrying out risk assessment in the workplace
- Participates in work related health and safety investigations
- Works in an operational, supervisory or team leader capacity
Course duration: 2 days
Delivery methodology: face to face
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, a Certificate of Completion will be issued for:
- RIIRIS301E - Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS301E - Conduct safety and health investigations
- RIICOM301E - Communicate information
Each work site may have its own refresher period requirements. Please check with the work site where you will be working.
Trusted Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a world leader in professional training, drawing on years of worldwide experience and a unique global reach, we offer the best in professional development training. Our courses cover a wide range of industries and are taught by experts in their fields. We provide training for the world’s largest companies and government organisations.
This course is Nationally Recognised training delivered by SGS Australia Pty Ltd RTO# 2646.