Training Services CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry Training Course
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry training course from SGS – gain the knowledge and skills and learn best practices to effectively reduce risks and injuries on a construction site.
This course is designed to raise awareness of best and safe practices to eliminate risks that cause injuries and fatalities at construction sites. This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work.
What will you learn?
On completion of this training course, you will:
- Gain personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements for working safely and preventing injury or harm to self and others
- Learn how to identify and orally report common construction hazards
- Understand basic risk control measures
- Be able to identify procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies
- Understand correct selection and fitting of common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements for construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures
Participants must be at least 14 years old to enrol in this course and, at the start of the course, be able to provide the trainer with a minimum of 100 points of original evidence of identity documents as stipulated by SafeWork NSW.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level that enables you to:
- Locate and recognise numbers commonly used in safety signs
- Listen to instructions for identifying key safety information and ask questions to clarify instructions
- Tell another person about a construction problem or hazard
- Follow simple safety instructions that are written in English and/or pictorial
- Select risk control measures
If you have language, literacy or numeracy difficulties or other special needs, please inform our training support staff prior to enrolling so they can speak with you about our available support services.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for anyone who requires a white card (or general construction induction card) for workers who want to carry out construction work. This includes:
- Site managers, supervisors, surveyors, labourers and tradespeople
- Those who access operational construction zones (unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person)
- Workers whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones
Course duration: 1 day
Delivery methodology: face to face
Participants who successfully complete both the written and practical course requirements will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry course.
Participants will also receive a SafeWork NSW Statement of National WHS General Construction Induction Training as evidence of completing the training until their SafeWork NSW General Construction Induction Card (White Card) arrives. The Statement is valid for 60 days.
The white card becomes void if construction work has not been carried out for two consecutive years or more.
Trusted Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a world leader in professional training, drawing on years of worldwide experience and a unique global reach, we offer the best in professional development training. Our courses cover a wide range of industries and are taught by experts in their fields. We provide training for the world’s largest companies and government organisations.
This course is Nationally Recognised training delivered by SGS Australia Pty Ltd RTO #2646.