Training Services Provide First Aid and CPR Refresher Training Course
Refresh your first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) knowledge and skills to safely manage emergency situations in a workplace setting.
This first aid and CPR refresher course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations, including providing care for the ill or injured until medical aid arrives.
What will you learn?
On completion of this refresher training course, you will understand:
- First aid response
- Life support techniques
- How to perform CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines
- Management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
This course covers:
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) steps
- Demonstration and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Legal requirements
- Infection control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- First aid kits
- Chest pain
- Allergic reactions and Anaphylaxis
- Wounds and non-life-threatening bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Safety and risk management
- Fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Eye injuries
- Heat and cold induced illnesses
- Poisons and toxic substances
- Bites and stings
If you have language, literacy or numeracy difficulties or other special needs, please inform our training support staff prior to enrolling so they can speak with you about our available support services.
Participants must have successfully completed and hold a current Statement of Attainment for the required unit of competency or its equivalent issued within the last three years. This evidence will need to be provided during booking.
Participants are required to complete a pre-course assessment prior to completing face-to face training. Participants must be able to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (five cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for people who need to refresh their first aid and CPR competencies.
- Course duration: one day and a pre-course workbook
- Delivery methodology: face to face
Learners who successfully complete both the written and practical requirements of this course will be issued a Statement of Attainment and a Wallet Card for:
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid
It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice that you update your CPR skills every 12 months and first aid qualifications should be renewed every 3 years.
Trusted training from a leading course provider
As a world leader in professional training, drawing on years of worldwide experience and a unique global reach, we offer the best in professional development training. Our courses cover a wide range of industries and are taught by experts in their fields. We provide training for the world’s largest companies and government organisations.
This course is Nationally Recognised training delivered by SGS Australia Pty Ltd RTO# 2646.