Training Services Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and CPR Training Course
Gain the knowledge and skills to safely rescue a person using a Low Voltage Rescue Kit and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to rescue a person from low voltage equipment using a Low Voltage Rescue Kit. Participants will also learn how to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
What will you learn?
On completion of this training course, you will understand how to:
- Prepare for a low voltage rescue
- Respond to an emergency situation and apply low voltage rescue procedures and techniques
- Rescue a person who is hooked up to a switchboard or LV panel
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
This course covers:
- Work health and safety requirements, including the use of risk control measures
- Inspection and placing of rescue equipment
- Identification and labelling the Isolation Point
- Performing a rescue from a low voltage (LV) panel in accordance with workplace procedures
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious breathing casualty
- CPR steps
- Principles and legalities of CPR
- Infection control
- Demonstration and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Participants must be able to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (five cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documentation relevant to this course. This includes counting chest compressions and providing an accurate verbal and/or written report of an incident.
If you have language, literacy or numeracy difficulties or other special needs, please inform our training support staff prior to enrolling so they can speak with you about our available support services.
Who should take this course?
This course applies to all workers who may be required to provide low voltage rescue and CPR in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Course duration: Four hours
- Delivery methodology: face to face
Participants who successfully complete both the written and practical requirements of this course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and a Wallet Card for:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice that you update your CPR skills every 12 months.
Trusted training from a leading course provider
As a world leader in professional training, drawing on years of worldwide experience and a unique global reach, we offer the best in professional development training. Our courses cover a wide range of industries and are taught by experts in their fields. We provide training for the world’s largest companies and government organisations.
This course is Nationally Recognised training delivered by SGS Australia Pty Ltd RTO# 2646.