Health and Environmental Radiation Consultancy
Reduce risks associated with radiation in the workplace with health and environmental radiation consultancy.
Facilities must be safe and comply with relevant radiation regulations, standards and practices. This can be a challenging and complex undertaking. Radiation sources must be monitored and handled properly.
SGS health and environmental radiation consultancy services
We offer a comprehensive range of services that include radiological measurement and radiation protection. Our experts understand the complexities associated with radiation management in a wide range of sectors, including mining, medical applications, mineral processing and general radiation waste management.
Health physics services include:
- Sealed-source device and irradiating apparatus compliance assessments
- Characterisation and identification of ionising radiation sources
- Sealed-source capsule conditioning and packaging
- Radioactive material disposal advice
- Shield design for medical X-ray facilities, non-destructive testing facilities and localised source containment
- Decontamination assessments and management
- Long-term storage plans for radiation sources
- Radiation management plans
- Assistance with transporting radioactive materials
Environmental physics services cover:
- Environmental radiation surveys
- Safe handling of naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM)
- Determination of radioactivity concentrations for specific radionuclide content in environmental samples and/or industrial process or waste material samples
- Radon monitoring services, e.g. gas stream analysis and environmental radon in air
Specialised services cover all aspects of any assessment, from field measurements and sampling to exposure pathway analysis and health impact evaluations. Capabilities include:
- Contaminated site assessments
- Environmental impact assessments and statements
- Radioactive waste management safety assessments
Medical physics services include:
- Radiographic medical imaging equipment quality assurance testing
- Regulatory compliance audits of medical imaging, nuclear medicine and research departments
- Shielding calculations of diagnostic X-ray rooms and radiotherapy bunkers
- Calculation of medical radiation doses and risk advice
- Radiation safety training
- Preparation and review of radiation management plans and procedures
Why choose SGS?
We offer tailored, practical, high-quality and cost-effective solutions for all organisations that require radiological measurement and radiation protection consultancy services. With a global network of experts and state-of-the-art facilities, we offer unrivalled expertise to organizations in the health, environmental and medical fields, helping you ensure your facilities are operating safely and in compliance with all relevant radiation legislation.
To learn more about health and environmental radiation consultancy services, contact your local SGS office.