Mobile Hard Banding
Hardbanding is one of the most simple yet most misunderstood products being used on a drilling rig today. Along with the new technology being utilised to drill the highly deviated wells such as horizontal, ERD, or multi-directional, comes the problem of creating excessive downhole drag and torque. All of this drag and torque creates friction, which, in turn, creates wear on the drill string, the marine riser and the casing. Today, there are several types of wear resistant alloy hardbandings on the market.
Proper Hardbanding with the Right Application can:
- Substantially increase the tool joint wear life;
- Greatly reduce casing wear caused by the drill string;
- Substantially reduce down hole drag and torque;
- Reduce rig fuel consumption; and
- Allow operators to run lighter weight and grade casing.
- SGS Australia has recognised the need to extend the reach of its hardbanding expertise from its oilfield shops and has now purchased and commissioned a mobile hardbanding unit.
- SGS mobile hardbanding comes to your location;
- Eliminates transport costs;
- Approved Applicator for leading brands; and
- Removal and re-building of existing hardbanding available.
SGS Australia Pty Ltd.
36 Railway Parade, Welshpool WA 6106
t: +61 (08) 9464 6360 (direct)
t: 1300 781 744
f: +61 (08) 9458 3700
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With more than 64,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,250 offices and laboratories around the world.