Green Building Schemes
Green buildings operate much more efficiently than conventional buildings. They save money, increase productivity, enhance your company’s financial valuation and help demonstrate your commitment to sustainability.
Green or sustainable buildings optimise the use of resources, including energy, water and building materials. Sustainable design helps you to conserve resources and reduces the negative impact of the building on human health and the environment throughout its life cycle – from construction, through operation, to renovation and removal.
SGS Green Building Schemes
We offer a comprehensive range of consultancy, assessment, commissioning, testing and certification services to real estate developers, construction companies, design companies, property owners and managers, building material manufacturers and building users.
- Feasibility studies
- Green building consultancy services and design support for international standards, e.g. LEED, BREEAM, DGNB and country specific standards to ensure a smooth and effective certification process of your building
- Auditing Services against the EDGE green building standard for emerging countries
- Fundamental and enhanced third-party commissioning, required for specific green building standards (e.g. LEED)
- Building energy and lighting simulation and modelling
- WELL performance testing for achieving building certification against the WELL standard – focuses on impacts on human health and wellbeing
- Indoor air quality sampling and testing – includes biological investigations using second generation ATP-metry technology
- Energy Management Systems and Certification – EN16001 and ISO 50001
- Green building material performance testing
Why Choose SGS?
With experience of more than 20 different international, regional and country specific green building standards, we can help you to create and maintain efficient, sustainable buildings that are good for both the environment and human health. Working with us will help you to enhance the value of your building assets and realise the economic, social and environmental benefits of greater resource efficiency.
To learn more about green building schemes, contact your local SGS office.