Environmental, Health and Safety Radiation Safety Training
Ensure regulatory compliance in your workplace with radiation safety training.
Working with ionising radiation sources presents many safety issues. Organisations must ensure radiation levels remain low and are compliant with regulations. To achieve this, all members of staff must understand the risks involved with working with radiation sources and how to manage these potential risks.
Training in risk management is a vital part of any organisation’s health and safety policy. In many cases, it is also required by Health and Safety Regulations for those working with or near radiation sources.
SGS radiation safety training
Our training courses are delivered by experienced industrial hygienists and are tailored specifically to the radiation sources used in your workplace.
We offer courses on:
- General radiation awareness
- Safe handling of sealed and unsealed radiation sources
- Static radiation gauge and gamma ray irradiator safety
- Safe use of irradiating apparatus (including X-ray machines and XRD/XRF equipment)
- Transport of radioactive materials
- Safe handling of NORM contaminated equipment
- Radiation safety and metal recycling
Our training covers a range of essential topics, including:
- The risks associated with working with radiation sources
- Methods for controlling exposure to radiation
- Proper handling of radioactive materials
- Common workplace radiation exposure scenarios
- How to select the correct radiation monitor for a specific exposure situation
- How to make a radiation measurement
- How to interpret a radiation measurement
Why choose SGS?
As a global leader in professional health and safety training, we have the expertise to ensure that your workforce understands the risks involved when working with radiation sources. Our radiation safety training courses help to ensure your staff are safe and your business is compliant with relevant regulations.
Contact your local SGS office to learn more about radiation safety training.