Meeting world-class GFSI recognised standards.
Wherever you are in the food value chain, we independently audit your processes and/or systems against the requirements of these world-class Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised standards. Standards include; SQF, BRCGS, FSSC 22000, ISO 22000, Freshcare and GLOBAL.G.A.P.
Our certification helps you and your suppliers adopt the highest standards in food safety, meet your regulatory requirements and contractual obligations, and gain access to global markets.
We can provide customised and 2nd party food audit solutions help your business succeed by being an independent set of eyes and ears that can monitor operations. We ensure that your organisation and partners are maintaining, and improving, the standards you have specified – wherever you are in the world.
SGS appointed service provider for Woolworths
SGS will provide 3rd party certification audits for Woolworths Supplier Excellence Standard in Australia and New Zealand, for consumables and general merchandise to Woolworths Limited.
In addition to those schemes recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), we certify against a range of other internationally-acknowledged standards.
The standards include:
- Hygiene Monitored Approval Scheme
- Marine Stewardship Council
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Spotless Supplier Program (HACCP)
- Supplier Audits
- Aldi Addendum
- COSTCO GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Woolworths Supplier Excellence Program (WSEP)
- Coles Supplier Requirements – Food (CSR-FV3) Program
- McDonald’s Supplier Program
- RSPO (Responsible Service of Palm Oil)
- Egg Standards of Australia (ESA)
- ISCC Certification
- Food Act Victoria
- Ethical Audits
- Fair Trade
- SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit)
- Fair Farms
We can provide customised and 2nd party food audit solutions help your business succeed. SGS is a respected leader in customised and 2nd party food audits, with expertise and experience in all phases of the food chain from the farm to the store shelf.
As a world-leader in food safety audits and certification, we have an international, multi-lingual network of expert auditors. We ensure your food safety solutions and systems are in line with the latest thinking and best practice, so quality and safety become synonymous with your brand.
Why Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)?
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) certification instantly demonstrates to customers your commitment to producing or trading in safe food. This evidence-based approach can be particularly beneficial when you are subject to inspection by regulatory authorities or stakeholders.
Demonstrating a real commitment to food safety through HACCP compliance can also transform your brand and act as an effective entry-to-market tool, opening up new business opportunities around the world.
Our global network of food experts carries out HACCP audits and helps you focus on the hazards that affect food safety and hygiene. It is then possible to systematically identify where the hazards are by setting up control limits at critical points during the food production process.
HACCP certification is an international standard defining the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is built around seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits, for example, minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish a system to monitor control of Critical Control Points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedure for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation and record keeping