When it comes to the food we eat, safety of consumers is always the number one priority.
SGS’s audits, certifications and inspections expertise covers the entire supply chain. Whether you’re a manufacturer or retailer, we have the right solution for you. We help you efficiently and expertly achieve compliance with a wide range of standards and regulations, increasing your speed to market, and delivering to all regulatory and customer requirements.
Wherever you are in the food value chain, we provide the food industry with audit and certification solutions against a variety of standards. We can also provide remote audit solutions to help your business succeed.
What is Woolworths Supplier Excellence (WSE)?
The Woolworths Supplier Excellence (WSE) Program is a compliance requirement for suppliers supplying Own Brand and Fresh Food products, guaranteeing brand integrity and customers' safety.
The program ensures the global network of suppliers meets safety and quality requirements. Therefore, customers and end-consumers can be confident in product quality and consistency.
Suppliers need to maintain each level of Woolworths Supplier Excellence Program, and be audited to GFSI or Woolworths Base Standard, relevant codes of practices (COP), product specifications and industry standards. As a supplier, you are required to comply with Woolworths Supplier Excellence requirements to ensure high food safety and quality standards are always maintained.
Who does it apply to?
The Woolworths Supplier Excellence Program applies to businesses that the Woolworths Business Teams have nominated for supply safe and quality consumer goods.
- All Manufactured foods
- Fresh fruit/vegetables
- Meat, Poultry & Seafood
- Dairy Products
Woolworths will determine the Woolworths Supplier Excellence (WSE) audit frequency based on your product's audit and quality performance and risk.
How can SGS help?
SGS, as an approved body certifier, can assist you to:
- Ensure that your processes and operations meet and exceed Woolworths Supplier Excellence Program requirements
- Manage risk and do better business
- Quality and safety throughout diverse supply chains
Why choose SGS?
- We are the world's leading testing, inspection and certification company, offering a comprehensive range of end-to-end services to help you comply with Woolworths Supplier Excellence requirements.
- Our comprehensive range of specialist services helps you meet increasingly stringent demands around safety, quality, sustainability, authenticity and efficacy.
- Customised approach
Our highly qualified professionals, utilising the latest technologies, work with you at the market speed to meet the complex regulatory requirements of health and safety providing better and safer products to consumers.
With over 140 years’ experience, our inspection services help you reduce the risk of product recalls or other issues that could damage/affect your profits as well as your long-term brand integrity.
We offer a comprehensive range of solutions to ensure safety, quality and sustainability throughout the diverse supply chains:
- Cleanliness inspections
- Damage surveys
- On-site grading
- Loading and discharge supervision
- Inspection for contractual purposes
- Proximate analysis
- eCertificates and eReports
- Stock monitoring services
- Market intelligence